Supporting interdisciplinary approaches to cancer research. The CSBC initiative supports research that investigates the challenges of complexity in basic and translational cancer research through the explicit combination of experimental biology and computational modeling, multi-dimensional data analysis, and systems engineering.
The mission of the Arizona Cancer and Evolution Center (ACE) is to advance our fundamental understanding of cancer and its clinical management through the development and application of evolutionary and ecological models to cancer biology.
We aim to identify key molecular networks upstream of incompletely penetrant phenotypes to better understand the transition from tumor initiation to progression and to develop more effective therapeutic interventions.
Heterogeneity / Evolution
Drug Resistance / Sensitivity
- 12.06.18 | Summer Fellowship Opportunity with Cancer Systems Biology Consortium and Physical Sciences in Oncology Network
- 11.19.18 | NIH-funded Short Courses at UCI
- 10.22.18 | Free Workshop on Dissecting Tumor Heterogeneity
- 10.22.18 | Stanford PRISM program: Postdoctoral Recruitment Initiative in Science and Medicine
- HIF signaling in osteoblast-lineage cells promotes systemic breast cancer growth and metastasis in mice.. Devignes CS, Aslan Y, Brenot A, Devillers A, Schepers K, Fabre S, Chou J, Casbon AJ, Werb Z, Provot S. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Jan 30;115(5):E992-E1001. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1718009115. Epub 2018 Jan 16.
- Comparing side chain packing in soluble proteins, protein-protein interfaces, and transmembrane proteins.Gaines JC, Acebes S, Virrueta A, Butler M, Regan L, O’Hern CS Proteins. 2018 May;86(5):581-591. doi: 10.1002/prot.25479. Epub 2018 Feb 26.. Gaines JC, Acebes S, Virrueta A, Butler M, Regan L, O'Hern CS Proteins. 2018 May;86(5):581-591. doi: 10.1002/prot.25479. Epub 2018 Feb 26.