apply to be an associate member
The NCI Cancer Systems Biology Consortium (CSBC) now offers the opportunity for Associate Membership. This program provides an opportunity for those who are not currently funded by the NCI for a CSBC award to engage in CSBC activities and potentially form collaborations with CSBC-funded investigators.
Who can apply: Domestic or foreign investigators or advocates who are not directly supported through a CSBC award, but are doing relevant research.
Who’s not eligible: If you are already supported by an active CSBC award, you are not eligible.
- May actively engage in collaborative discussion, projects, and other CSBC activities as non-voting members. Activities include contributing to working groups, attending annual meetings, and participating in monthly Steering Committee meetings. Associate members are not permitted to participate in meetings designated for CSBC members only, however.
- Are expected to uphold the spirit of openness that has been cultivated within the CSBC regarding presenting cutting-edge research, and agree not to discuss unpublished ideas and data presented outside of the consortium.
- Are expected to abide by all pertinent NIH and NCI policies as well as any additional CSBC-specific policies, as approved by the CSBC Steering Committee.
- Are encouraged to pursue collaborations with CSBC Members, shall include or acknowledge individual CSBC investigators on resulting publications, and shall abide by standard community data and resource sharing practices (i.e. associate Members should not analyze or publish non-public data without the consent of the data generators).
- Are not required to attend CSBC related meetings.
- Are invited to actively contribute to scientific discussions. It is expected that Associate Members, CSBC investigators and administrators will work with inclusivity and respect for one another within a supportive and open environment. The importance of scientific discourse from differing viewpoints is valuable when discussing research directions and progress.
- Fill out and submit an Associate Membership application.
- Identify a current CSBC Investigator (view CSBC Research Network) who will act as a sponsor for the applicant and who will provide a letter of support via this sponsor form.
- Ensure that this letter is submitted in a timely fashion. Learn more about the current CSBC Research Network. Contact Hannah Dueck ([email protected]) for assistance in identifying an appropriate sponsor, if needed.
- Renew the membership yearly.
Failure to abide by these rules and policies may result in suspension or termination of membership.
Applications will be reviewed by NCI CSBC Program Staff.
Click here to view a list of active associate members.